DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We at EVDrive are getting ready to do a bulk order of AMR motors. These motors have been unavailable for the past couple of years, but AMR is starting back up production. EVDrive is now the exclusive distributor of these motors, and AMR will no longer be selling them directly, so this is the only place they will be available.

In the long term, we will be doing stocking orders, but if you want one of these motors in the next 6 months we would need to know to add you to this current order.

For those who are not aware, the AMR series motor uses Remy HVH250 cores which have internal oil cooling so that both the stator and rotor can be cooled, allowing for exceptionally high continuous power density. Unlike the Remy housed motors, the AMR motors integrate the entire oil system internally so that the motors can be cooled with a more typical water/ethelyne glycol coolant. The motors are capable of peak power exceeding 250 kW per core.

We are planning to order the following configurations:

HVH250-90 Single core
HVH250-115 Single core
HVH250-90 Dual Core
HVH250-115 Dual core

I know the prices for these motors are a bit higher than most people on here are looking for, but if anyone is interested in purchasing these exceptional motors please let me know as soon as possible. We will need 50% deposits to order with remaining 50% due upon delivery.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Why is the price for the stuff you sell (do you sell anything?) such a mystery?

No prices here, yet you want 50% down to order. You post what is essentially an ad, yet it contains zero useful information.

No prices on the website either.

Are they that embarrassing?

Do you know how much business you lose by not publishing pricing? Even budgetary one off prototype is good.

Nothing more annoying to an engineer than being herded into calling sales. Many move on to other choices that do provide pricing, especially when they work long hours or weekends and you are closed.

Prices, datasheets, app notes, we call during a weekday if you pass criteria on all three. Welcome to the 3rd millennium.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Why is the price for the stuff you sell (do you sell anything?) such a mystery?

No prices here, yet you want 50% down to order. You post what is essentially an ad, yet it contains zero useful information.

No prices on the website either.

Are they that embarrassing?

Do you know how much business you lose by not publishing pricing? Even budgetary one off prototype is good.

Nothing more annoying to an engineer than being herded into calling sales. Many move on to other choices that do provide pricing, especially when they work long hours or weekends and you are closed.

Prices, datasheets, app notes, we call during a weekday if you pass criteria on all three. Welcome to the 3rd millennium.
I think you'll very silly to be posting such a derogatory message.

Hollie Maea is a long time member and well-respected in this forum, always providing useful information and updates to EV technology and the industry.

Contrary to what you think, i dont believe this is a sales post. It is more to help people who want AMR Motors to get their hands on one. Better than dealing with Remy directly and doing your own upgrades to the cooling (unless you're part of Remy, as your username implies).

The prices were on the EV Drive website previously, but since they just revamped the site, they probably forgot to put it in. Still, a simple PM to Hollie Maea would suffice.

Looking at your post asking for the three criterias of "Prices, datasheets, app notes", I can tell you are new in this space. Many in this forum can tell you the price and torque/rpm curves of this motor off their head, because of the popularity these motors have.

and for you to be digging up an old thread, you probably need this information more than anyone else here. Maybe it would be good to be polite if you are asking for stuff.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Remy Martian,

Thanks for the feedback. As the main purchaser for EVDrive I know and agree that it's annoying to not have prices listed, and we are going to change that as soon as we possibly can. We just released our new website last week, and we are still working with AMR to finalize what the new prices are going to be. As soon as we have them they will be posted on our site and I will update this thread. We expect them to be close but not identical to what were there before.

I posted this thread because these motors have been unavailable for about two years, and I wanted people who have been waiting for them to be able to talk to us about getting in on the first order. In the future we will just have them stocked and people can just order them off the website. But that will be several more months.

A few updates since I first started this thread:

1. We are no longer planning to sell the dual core 90mm version. There doesn't seem to be a lot of demand for it. If someone really needs them, they can talk to us, but it would only be viable if they needed it in ongoing volumes.

2. The single core motors have been slightly redesigned. The changes are largely cosmetic but we will have new pictures and drawings within a couple of weeks.

3. We are no longer requiring 50% deposit for ordering. AMR has been purchased by a larger company and so they are not requiring us to pay for the motors entirely up front. However, for this batch we are only going to stock quantity 2 of each type (single 115, single 90, dual 115) beyond what we need for our internal projects and existing sales. So those units will be first come first serve. In 60 days or so we will decide what our next order will be. Like I said, by the end of this year we hope to have these things just stocked for immediate order. But there is a lot of capital required for holding inventory of expensive items.

4. This first order we expect to be available in July. The long lead time is a function of the leadtime for the Remy cores. Leadtimes should be shorter after that.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I'm sorry my initial post angered you, Remy Martian.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
You post what is essentially an ad, yet it contains zero useful information.
Contrary to what you think, i dont believe this is a sales post.
Of course it's an advertisement. That's what this section of the forum is for, and this ad is a good example of what what it can provide: letting people know about a vendor having availability of something that forum members might want.

I do think that it is strange to offer a product with so little information. While the HVH motors are relatively well-known, it makes no sense to assume that everybody knows everything about them, especially when informative links could have easily been provided...
The HVH motors are no longer branded as "Remy"; they are from Borg-Warner:
HVH Series Electric Motor

"AMR" is AM Racing Inc.. I see no reason to expect people to know that,, but their website is basically useless anyway.

I can only guess that "EVDrive" is EVDrive. AMR packages of HVH motors, but with EVDrive model names, are described on the products page.​

Looking at your post asking for the three criterias of "Prices, datasheets, app notes", I can tell you are new in this space. Many in this forum can tell you the price and torque/rpm curves of this motor off their head, because of the popularity these motors have.
Why would someone reading an ad expect to survey members of the forum to collect information about the product being advertised? :confused: That's even more ridiculous than expecting every possible customer to individually request the price of a product... a stunt often pulled by sellers who don't actually have any stock, or who just like to negotiate separately with each customer to see how much they can get out of them. :rolleyes:

Knowledge of the price from another supplier is almost completely useless - we have no idea what AMR will charge EVDrive for these motors, or what EVDrive will charge retail customers. I wouldn't assume that the price will match the price at, for instance, EV West.

If the price isn't known yet, that's fine - but it would make sense to say so.

...unless you're part of Remy, as your username implies
Really? The company which makes HVH motors hasn't been Remy for three years. I assumed that "remy_martian" was a humourous play on Rémy Martin, the cognac maker.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Been a while, lol

EVD250-115P2

So...how much do these units sell for, given the two cartridges are a smidge over $9 grand?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot (The price fluctuates somewhat but it's over 20 grand).

We aren't really marketing these anymore since AMR (now Cascadia) rescinded the offer for exclusive distributorship, and everyone knows where to go to get them without any markup.

We're working on changing the focus of our business somewhat to focus more on our inhouse built battery modules, and hope to have our first line of modules up for sale soon. Those aren't going to be cheap either but perhaps will be useful for people who need more power than you can get from salvage packs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts