DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You’ve got to have some kind of instrumentation for your EV, Most popular seems to be the LinkPro line of battery gauges, because it’s all you really need.
But if you want something splashy the EVIC from Andromeda Interfaces is quite a product. If you’re a YouTube EV fan you’ll have seen these used in some of the builds. On a smallish 4x6 screen it’ll display eight items of info and a couple of warning indicators that source data from the CanBus, digital and analog inputs.
When I connected mine to the Orion 2 CanBus the battery data came right up, as did a warning from the Orion on a couple of weak cells. I did nothing but connect it.
But the other features, like RPM and temps, you’ve got to configure yourself and here you’re on your own. I wouldn’t say Andromeda’s documentation is lacking, but it sure isn’t much.
My question is
- If you’re using an EVIC, have you been able to configure these non-Canbus inputs?
Maybe there’s enough interest to start some kind of thread where we can pool info on these units.
Thank you.
Plant Automotive design Vehicle Audio equipment Personal luxury car

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd be interested to follow your progress with this. I don't have an EVIC, presumably it can display any kind of info from the CAN bus? How much can you get the Orion to send? I thought I'd read somewhere the Orion can send a maximum of 15 CAN messages (excluding the battery broadcast feature which it sounds like you have enabled).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to Andromeda the EVIC interprets Can signals into human readable form, be they from the Orion, a charger, an arduino, etc. In addition it’ll take other digital and analog signals.
The inputs are “mapped” to the software in the SIK program. Basically you say this spot on the display is tied to that input, and then you set parameters for that input in the software.
You’ll run out of display space before you run out of inputs.
I can’t qualify the EVIC yet, but so far I think it’s just great. And very pretty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts