DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,need some info.
I own leaf 2012 whitch lost 20% capacity and like every leaf owner I dream of range extender.
I know it has a lot of flaws,and I haven’t thought much about it so far but now I have the opportunity to buy a cheap complete battery from vw e Up,whit bms,wiring etc..
it's not a problem for me to connect HV lines,contactors,modules,but I'm not good enough with CAN communication
is there a chance that when I connect the original bms to power it works balance and protection without CAN communication from car?
tnx!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi all,need some info.
I own leaf 2012 whitch lost 20% capacity and like every leaf owner I dream of range extender.
I know it has a lot of flaws,and I haven’t thought much about it so far but now I have the opportunity to buy a cheap complete battery from vw e Up,whit bms,wiring etc..
it's not a problem for me to connect HV lines,contactors,modules,but I'm not good enough with CAN communication
is there a chance that when I connect the original bms to power it works balance and protection without CAN communication from car?
tnx!
Yes, but who gonna build a pcb to control contactors and bms standalone. E-up is not very common car and i have no chance to see a can bus logs and reverse engeneering of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.