DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just joined 5 min ago. I have very limited ev building experience,However I did build my dad a gas converted to electric rear engine riding mower, and restored a 70's GE elec trak. I have my first real EV project I am on the fence about building. Not because I don't want to but because of the cost of batteries and a controller. I have the car (1970 Honda N600) and the motor GE 5bt etc but that's all i have. I am a broke guy who barters and trades and sells leftover parts for funds so budget is really non existent. Bottom line is I didn't intend on giving you all a sob story but I am considering selling my GE5bt motor. I know lead acid packs are fairly cheap but my car is tiny and only 1300lbs stock and just can't take a heavy pack load. I should stop blabbing on so I guess I will just decide whether to post to the classifieds. P1010444.JPG

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Take your time on the project and therefore spread the cost... I haven't even started mine yet. A 40 kwh Leaf pack can be had for $3000-4000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take your time on the project and therefore spread the cost... I haven't even started mine yet. A 40 kwh Leaf pack can be had for $3000-4000.
That could work for the normal working man. I am disabled and don't work so that $3000-4000 leaf pack might as well be $300,000 to me. Not even a remote possibility. But thank you. Problem is I dream to big and collect money pit projects that I unrealistically think I would be able to afford some day. My only chance would be if I collected donations( yeh right)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts