DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8,636 Posts
Here's my 1975 911 widebody, currently has a 3.3 twin-plug motor with a 915 trans with LSD, it could get up and scoot. The blue pic is what it looks like now, after 4 years of work, and the red pic is what it looked like when I bought it 4 years ago.
You converted a cabriolet to a coupe? That seems like a lot of work.

I know I want to use a Tesla Drive unit, and I know I want at least 150 to 225 or so miles range, and I think I need the capability to quick-charge on road trips at around 100 miles ranger per hour of charge. I'm needing to know what kind of rectifier/controller/BMS/charge connector I'm going to need.
At 300 Wh/mile, that's 30 kW, so I assume you want DC charging... that means no rectifier, but you need the components to communicate with the charging station.

What are you planning to use for the battery?

· Registered
8,636 Posts
Didn't convert a cab to a coupe; the landau top was fake. It was the work of about 2 hours to peel it off with the help of some Goo-Gone Pro Power and a wide thin putty knife. I was shocked to find no rust under the canvas.
That makes more sense... and whatever the end result, ridding the world of a fake soft top is a public service!

1 - 3 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.