DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
some time ago I bought a 24S ANT-BMS from eBay to look after my battery.

The board is labelled V24.1.4 and the only instructions I can find are for a different version. The long and short of it is that I can't see where the power switch is connected. On the old board, it is between a PCB pad and the -ve but my board doesn't have that pad and the layout is so different that I can see any obvious place.

Can someone please tell me how I turn the darned thing on?

Thanks,

Andy.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Are you sure a power switch is included?

Lots of cheap BMS don't.

Make it very easy to simply remove the BMS, e.g. isolating the cells for storage

or when you want to test/balance verifying the BMS is still OK

or replacing if not.

Just leaving it hooked up to the pack full time is often fatal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,

I'm not sure of anything about this. :) but the previous board layout needs it and the instructions talk about it. This board revision is as I described.

I have tried connecting it to a stack of cells and when I turn on the display (powered separately) the display goes off after a few seconds and there are no signs of life form the main board.

Those are the reasons why I think it need to be turned on.

Cheers,

Andy.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Since they are so cheap, it is worth having spares

This seller is well reco in the forums

Maybe they can help.

Also over in ES, some ANT fans there

but the LLT JBD RJXZS

variants tend to be more popular.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
That one that was posted in the above link shows there is a switch. The switch is just a short switch. If no switch is available the two wires for the switch will be shorted out briefly and it should turn it on. Mine has a switch but I just short the wire. It is faster.
Product Font Circle Electric blue Logo
Product Font Circle Electric blue Logo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank John61ct and onegreenev,

That photo is very interesting. I haven't seen that one before and it's not in the instructions I have.
I'll check that out and report back here.

All the best,

Andy.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Post pictures of your BMS and setup. Show all the connections and if you have a manual post pictures of that or post a link to that or you could post a link to the item you purchased so we can go have a look. Visuals really help in determining problems or fixes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts