DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
hello
here at topeka electric motor, we sell and use the hi power battery.
so far so good.
i would recommend a bms with these lifeYPo4 batteries.it is critical to make sure there is not a battry run away.
there are lots of companies that sell batteries, please do your research on the batteries and the companies that sell them.

thanks kevin

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Are you talking about the Thunder Sky Lithium cells? These are the ones advertised as being Yttrium Phosphate instead of Iron Phosphate (LiFeYPO4 instead of LiFePO4.) The current cells are listed as LYP cells, but some of the late LFP cells are also marked as LeFeYPO4 (like my pack of 60 amp hour cells made in Feb. 2010.)

If these are the cells you are looking for there are a number of companies selling the cells. I recommend staying away from EVcomponents and Lithium Depot. I don't know any one EV supplier I would recommend over another for these cells at this time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dave Kois at CurrentEVtech just received a shipment of TS cells, you could contact him.
My shipment hasn't quite arrived, it is on the water now and should be here around the first or second week of November.

Best Regards

Dave Kois
Current EV Tech, LLC
http://www.currentevtech.com
253-988-5020
Skype dkoisii

1 - 6 of 6 Posts