1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Interesting specs:
Integrated controller.
Planetary gearbox can be added.
Datasheet attached. Spec is rated from 200V, wondering if I could run it on 100V.
Would consider for my motorbike, currently using HPEVS AC-23:
www.facebook.com/zvexx.motorbike

Are they for sale already ? Any idea of price ?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Looks to me like marketing and engineering have a major disconnect.

Aircraft rated, allegedly but:

1) Peak power (takeoff) rated for 30 sec
2) No max altitude spec

Both are showstoppers for aircraft propulsion.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
I agree that the peak power duration is not long enough to be useful in an aircraft. While the optional planetary gearbox could make it suitable for a conventional propeller, I suspect that the intended application is some sort of multirotor VTOL or a design with several small propeller across the wingspan. Of course that doesn't matter in a motorcycle, but it raises suspicion regarding the integrity of the company.

The package could be appealing, and the continuous power density seems implausible, but the single most interesting feature to me is "3D printed copper stator coils". Really? These are their "AMcoils"; it makes sense electrically and magnetically, but the production process sounds expensive.

H3X said:
The specifications are estimates based on electromagnetic, thermal, and structural simulations. Data from dynamometer will be available late 2021.
Translated, this means that everything is estimated from a computer model, and not even one prototype has been built. It will be interesting to see if it ever becomes real.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
VTOL is even worse on takeoff power, lol
Yes... The VTOL comment was only about the use of a high-speed motor in an aircraft, not the takeoff power duration.
A VTOL design should that assume full takeoff power is needed for the entire flight duration, since just hovering takes about as much power as flying at cruise speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.