Hello all, new to the forums and hoping i could have some help and/or guidance.
I have been looking at the various Axial flux motors that are available (Saietta, lynch, Ashwood) and have been wondering if they will be suitable for the project i have in mind.
The requirements of my project are;
- 48 Volts (Been asked to stay under 50V)
- Low speed (20mph tops)
- Move a 2000kg weight (approx)
- Able to travel on soft Gravel
- Able to move up a 30 degreee incline (rough estimate)
- Would prefer to use a fixed transmission, for simplicity.
The fact i can run the axial flux motors at 48volts is one of the major draws to me, also they seem to be very easy to package. I understand i will need considerable ratio reduction to achieve my requirements though.
My worries are that they will still struggle with the low end torque, even with sufficient gearing attached.
If anyone has used an axial flux motor previously, or if you would recommend something else i would love to hear it.