DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my Elcon 1500 go belly-up. weirdest thing; it would start a charge by checking pack voltage, but the relay wouldn't 'click' and start putting any current in. Dove is taking a look to see if it can be repaired... but if not, I have sent a spare to Elcon for programming.

I had an old one originally set for a 96v lead-acid charge curve. I'm checking in with the group today to ask if there is any way to re-program ourselves, or does this require some proprietary hardware/software? Elon is taking a while to respond, and I'm not thrilled about the shipping expense back and forth...

I know what I'd like..... 'curve 613' with setting 10 such that end-of-charge voltage is set to 48x3.65=175.2v and the active setting is 8.... to give me an eoc voltage of 46x3.65= 168... which will bring my 48 cells up to a nice friendly eoc of 3.50 vpc.

what does it take to program these things?

·
Registered
913 Posts
$100, same as in town :cool:

You only need to ship to CA right, not China?

I agree would be nice if a bit of cabling and software could be rented and save the shipping.

Personally I'd get the CAN upgrade, full flexibility that way, plus failsafe "dead man switch" controlling "live" from a BMS or cheap MCU.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I recently had my Elcon 1500 go belly-up. weirdest thing; it would start a charge by checking pack voltage, but the relay wouldn't 'click' and start putting any current in. Dove is taking a look to see if it can be repaired... but if not, I have sent a spare to Elcon for programming.

I had an old one originally set for a 96v lead-acid charge curve. I'm checking in with the group today to ask if there is any way to re-program ourselves, or does this require some proprietary hardware/software? Elon is taking a while to respond, and I'm not thrilled about the shipping expense back and forth...

I know what I'd like..... 'curve 613' with setting 10 such that end-of-charge voltage is set to 48x3.65=175.2v and the active setting is 8.... to give me an eoc voltage of 46x3.65= 168... which will bring my 48 cells up to a nice friendly eoc of 3.50 vpc.

what does it take to program these things?
I can reprogram them or show you how.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts