DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Assault&Battery Build Thread

We will be putting build information for Lonestar EV Racing Team's latest addition, "Assault n Battery", call us if you want to be a part of this exciting build.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HahAhahaha, didn't notice that, yah that's a tip off hahahaha.
From a side view angle 99% of ppl wouldn't think anything of this miata.
Little do they know, any videos or specs on it?
parachute is removable so you can put the license plate back on

Metric

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That's pretty sweet, where do you guys normally race at?
Normal stomping grounds is Houston Motorsports Park, Royal Purple in Baytown, Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy.

We will be powering this with two NETGAIN Warp9 motors.

Metric

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
No interest in using impulse9's and using more rpm up top?
Couple problems....
No 32 spline TWarp available with that motor. Unless you go custom motors. My main goal from the start of my project was prove you could do this with all off the shelf parts. So far so good, stock motors, stock LiPo packs, stock BMS, stock Ford driveline parts.
I make just as much HP as the impulse9's but make 25% more low end torque. This would be a problem if I didn't have a transmission.
I am now running a 9.8 and am battery limited from going faster, not motor HP limited. The answer for DCP is more battery. I think you could see 1000 battery HP from my two warp9 setup. With 1500ftlbs torque. Can't do that with impulse 9's. I will be continuing to use the Warp9's as they make more torque.

I think a pair of Impulse9's have their place in cars with no transmission or with a full transmission but want to run a single motor to not overtorque the stock transmission. I would like to see it offered with a 32 spline shaft.

Metric

·
Registered
29 Posts
We could build a 32-tooth ImPulse pretty quickly, same end bells as W9, just a slightly different shaft. All motors built after 8/1/2012 should have "all the goodies", 1/2" studs, aluminum, high output fans (which you may wish to remove for 1/4 mile racing...), Helwig brushes, etc. etc. Unfortunately, this isn't the"priority" motor we're working on... But, I'll ask Hunter to throw together the CAD drawings so we can see if anything else needs to change, he can probably get it done yet today...
Geo

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only 2?? Why not 3? I guess you are doing an "old skool" kinda build. :cool:
How can you expect to go much faster using the same Wayland design? Where is the innovation?
How's that for an EV transmission?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Looks like about 2-3 motors worth of material and length... and 2 years worth of $$$ :eek:

Please tell, what does it do? And why so many levers?

I have no doubt that you will go fast by copying Wayland and using the latest version of (old skool) components.

Here is what I am getting at: Weigh your entire drive-train. Would not you be better with either direct axle drive or direct wheel drive motors?

Just curious.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here is what I am getting at: Weigh your entire drive-train. Would not you be better with either direct axle drive or direct wheel drive motors?
Just curious.
Can you show me some pictures of what you are talking about and how they would fit?
My current specs for A&B are 1500 ftlbs of torque through a 3.00 rear end, so 4500ftlbs of torque at the wheels or better....
and 800-1000 battery horsepower.....

If you have some pancake motor or something else in that range, I would like to know about it. I have not read about anything close to that.

Metric

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Very slick transmission!
So that's a 4 speed with reverse and two overdrives?
Crazy:eek:
To clarify, It is four speed (two of them overdrives) with reverse, thus the four levers. (not 4 plus two overdrives) A fellow named Gary Livingston is doing a prototype, we have been talking about it for some time. He is doing the same thing except no first gear lenco and no "multi" gear vendors unit. He is just doing the two speed with reverser. I am going to see how his shake down goes and then put some money down on mine above. This is a photo-shop.

Metric

1 - 20 of 213 Posts