DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Australia Now Has 2 Electric Car Models to Choose From

Tags
australia
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gottdi 
#1 ·

Two shiny, new Mitsubishi i-MiEV electric cars arrived in Brisbane’s ports last week to a curious media gathering, ready to be put into showrooms in preparation for sales this Winter (Summer in the Northern Hemisphere).

Mitsubishi are remaining tight-lipped about pricing in Australia, but estimations are that the vehicle will be available for sale in September for as much as $50,000 AUD ($46,000 USD).

Mitsubishi are proudly announcing that they’re the first manufacturer to bring a ready-to-sell electric car to the Australian market – and that certainly would be something to be proud of – if it were true. More...

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah - I saw the new Nissan on the News. Problem with it (like all EV or most Hybrid's) is that it is a Noddy vehicle.

Might be o.k. for the crowded streets of Paris or Tokyo, but in Australia (and I think the US and NZ are the same) we could do with something a bit bigger and more manly that can blast down the Freeways with our Families and Rover the dog in.

Commuter cars have always been available here (like little Daihatsu. or Mercedes Smart cars) and have never really sold any. Even little A and B class Mercedes do not sell well.
Interesting to see if the EV Nissan will sell - I somehow doubt it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.