DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody!

I'm a master student in electrical engineering and I am working in the subject of High voltage wiring harnesses in Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles.
I would first like to thank you for this professional forum.
Then, I would kindly ask if someone here can help me, I need Help please, I can't find information resources and documentaions about this topic, technical books, scientific papers and reviews, standards that I should read.. please I need your recommandation and advices.

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Maybe if you were more specific about what you need and why, but such a general question is wide open-- google is your friend. But otherwise this is a d-i-y site

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kennyboddy,
Thanks for the reply, to be more precisely, I need to read a technical book about electric and hybrid vehicles wirings, in which I can find details about DC wiring (battery=> inverter, battery=>DC-DC converter), AC wiring (inverter=>Motor/Generator), safety equipement wiring(fuses and relay). Do you have any suggestion.
Many Thanks !

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi Kennyboddy,
Thanks for the reply, to be more precisely, I need to read a technical book about electric and hybrid vehicles wirings, in which I can find details about DC wiring (battery=> inverter, battery=>DC-DC converter), AC wiring (inverter=>Motor/Generator), safety equipement wiring(fuses and relay). Do you have any suggestion.
Many Thanks !
Heh, actually i used this with my first conversion:
http://ev-bg.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/convert-it-michael-p-brown-electric-vehicle-car-conversion-manual.pdf

When you go through it you can then read and understand this:
https://www.elsevier.com/books/lightweight-electric-hybrid-vehicle-design/fenton/978-0-7506-5092-2

But if you just start to read some HV wiring threads here you can get loads of information for your paper. Also try asking if you can credit DIY community as a reference. Maybe they recognise it since it is "de facto" built and tried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts