DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I got a response from Musk on Twitter regarding Tesla safety. I still have several questions around the topic and was hoping someone knowledgeable on the matter could help me out.

Does anyone know on a more technical level specifically how systems like side collision avoidance function? It appears from videos I'm finding online that the car actively steers to avoid side impact but it's unclear exactly how these systems function and when they are activated.

Same for 'blackbox' event data recorder (EDR) data, I'm trying to better understand what data the system stores and when it is stored. Does anyone have an export of this data available or can anyone better explain the specific data one would find in the system?

Any other information or resources where I could get a better technical understanding of the safety features in the vehicles would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
not a very interesting or relevant subject IMHO, I don't think you are here about diy cars, more interested in clicks and linkbacks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not here for clicks, I'm here because I want to create a video on the topic of vehicle safety and there are some areas where I'm not technically knowledgeable. I removed the Twitter link if you are concerned.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The forum subject is Do-It-Yourself Electric Cars. Although Teslas are electric cars, and use of components from them is relevant to DIY projects, there is nothing inherently EV about the Autopilot, Active Safety, and EDR features of them. So unless the intent is to discuss making these features work in a DIY project (and that's clearly not the intent), the discussion doesn't belong here the Technical Discussion of EV Conversions and Builds.

There are more general discussions of EVs and EV manufacturers in the EV News and Chit Chat sections... but even then, technical details of these systems don't seem very relevant.

There are lots of online opportunities to generally "talk Tesla"; I don't see why this should be one of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts