DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a J1772 inlet from electriccarpartscompany.com, and added the AVC2 option. What they sent me was an inlet with a resistor built in between GND and the PROX pin, and an AVC2.r module (which also has the built-in resistor, and is supposed to be used with inlets that don't have a resistor -- but mine does).

I can just try it to see if it works, but does anyone know, will having the resistor in both places be a problem? Should I remove the resistor from the inlet (I'm pretty sure I can do this). I don't know what the electronics is here, exactly who is sensing exactly what, and neither does Electric Car Parts Company.

I called ECPC and they only have the AVC2.r modules. Furthermore, they don't know anything about these modules.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You cannot have both resistors. The proximity, and control pilot too BTW, signal using voltages. The resistors create voltage dividers to indicate status. With both 2.7k resistors in place, the voltages will be incorrect causing erratic operation.

The resistor in the inlet is the problem in this instance. It should be removed as the controller already has the resistor in place.

ga2500ev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts