DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so you guys gave me some great feedback. http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=228616#post228616
What I need now is the procedure for adjusting the Zivan. How do you measure the outputs when adjusting the pots. I understand increasing the voltage while decreasing the current ( amperage?) to maintain 2.16Kwt, but what is the procedure? Do you turn on the charger first, crank down the current, than turn up the voltage while monitoring with an in-line voltmeter and ampmeter? A little help please. All I want to do is adjust up my 120 volt pack to 144 volt for now. lead acid.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I adjusted my NG3 yesterday:

- shut off the Zivan and pull the plug out of the wall
- open the zivan (four screws, two at the top, two at the bottom)
- open the cover
- be careful! there might be a little selectorswitch at the bottom, which could stuck at the cover
- caution: do not touch anything!
- plug in the charger
- caution: do not touch anything until the cover is closed again!
- take a little isolated screwdriver to adjust the voltage little pot (right one, top side) (pictures in the post you posted above)
- at selector "7" I can measure the charge end voltage directly at the output of the Zivan (Anderson connector)
- if the voltage is correctly adjusted, connect to the pack
- start the charger
- take a little isolated screwdriver to adjust the current little pot (left one, bottom side) (pictures in the post you posted above)
- shut off the Zivan and pull the plug
- close the cover
- caution: look at the selector (if build in); it could be switched if you get against it
- replace the four little screws
- connect again and charge

Just the way I did it :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
What he said except I want to add:

Careful with the charging indication light (red, blinking red, yellow) when you put the cover back on. If you miss the slot it goes into you have to take it all apart agian and remove it from the car to line it up correctly gosh darnit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts