DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

We need some new user ride images for the new banner for the upcoming migration. Submit your high res images here and creative will review to see what will work. Would like to emphasize that the images you post belong to you.

Please keep the images to front/side views, no drivers or other people in the shot.

By submitting your photos you agree to have DIYEletricCar.com have full authority to use the photos in a creative way.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hey, you know what images you can use?

Any of the images from the Garage section, that Vertical Scope crippled and deleted access to 2 years ago when you "updated". That you promised to fix and then never did. Could we have someone rebuild that first please?

Or, you could use the ones from posts in the past, that you software update banned if they weren't from an HTTPS source. That's most of them.

Can you please fix the things you broke first before you go implementing new changes to increase ad revenue?

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Well I tried to attach some files - but the manage attachments is saying they are about 300 kb

Wheras they are 7 Mb on my system
I checked the first one, and when expanded to full size it is 1620x1080 pixels and yes, about 300 kB. The upload tool may be compressing them on upload, or converting them to JPEG (which is inherently compressed) from an uncompressed (raw, TIFF, etc) format. It may also be reducing the resolution of a high-resolution JPG down to the 1080 pixel vertical resolution. 7 MB would be huge for only 1620x1080 pixels.

For a test, I uploaded a 12 MB JPG file with a roughly 4000x3000 pixel image, and the upload tool reduced it to 1080 pixels vertically (and a proportionate resolution horizontally); that would have reduced the size to less than 2 MB, but it was reduced to only about 200 kB. The upload tool appears to reduce resolution to match the forum limits, and to compress to the forums JPG quality level (which is likely lower than our image files have to start with). I assume that the same has happened to Duncan's images.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts