DIY Electric Car Forums banner

batteries

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  jockepocke 
#1 ·
Ok. so I´m thinking about building an EV some time but first i am going to look at all the possibilities have..

I live in Iceland and it can get from -20°c up to 30°c heat..

so what kind of batteries is best for me if i´m thinking about maybe 200-300hp motor,how many batteries do i need and how many volts and how far can i go on the charge and how long is the lifetime of the battery it self.?

Hope to get some good answers.

Best Regents Ragnar..

Discussion starter · #3 ·
think you for your answers.. and yes i was thinking about a dragracing car.. I want to change my Renault Megane Berlingo II 2004 model into a RWD car with electric motor after maybe 3-4 years when the car will be not so expensive I think it will be a cool project and use it as a daily drive and as a track car only to play on.. so 150+km per charge is good.. but what do you mean by "They can last as long as 5000 cycles if you don't discharge them too deeply" is that I can charge them 5000 times if i don´t run them to low on volts..?

Best regents Ragnar / and a big think you
jockepocke

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Ok, so you seem to know a bit about EV cars and stuff.. I´m just a newbie so I have been looking for parts like motor and vacume for the breaks and control for the motor.. where can i get this all is there any online shop that sells every thing that i need? and has 2-300hp motors and batteries and control´s and every thing and maybe some instructions or simple blue prints of the setup i can see or can i get blueprints somewhere on the internet? to she the wiring and the setup..?

Best Regents and thanks. Ragnar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.