DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

ive introduced myself and the car in the new member section.

i am figuring out how to arrange and fit the battery's in my jaguar.
there are multiple way's each have their own pro's and cons.

my original plan was to fit 80 miev lev 50 cells. in their original casing (10 packs of 8 cells in series)
using the original cel monitoring boards. Build a bms using arduino or buy one like simp bms and go and drive allong.

but the range would be theoreticaly 49 kilometres. not even enough to get to my work..

then i thought with another pack string in parralel. i would be able to drive 98 km i would need another bms but with this range i would be satisfied.

then ive read that to make better use of the cells you'd better parralel them to make a 2p80s arrangement.

so i took a pack apart and repacked the thing make a 2p2s configuration. the problem is that the original plastic inner casing wont fit annymore because of the bus bar's and also the cel monitoring board wont fit. so i have to place it outside and i doubt that is reliable.

now i am considering to build a box by myself. and looking for a reliable bms.

can someone post some picture's of their prismatic cell battery pack?

the question is: how will a car drive when its tail heavy.
or with a high center of gravity.
there is enough space to fit the batery's but if i dicide to mount the battery's in its original casing then it will hang over in the boot behind the rear axle and even wheels. the spare tire compartiment has also got a lot of room.

i've seen a few pictures of the zombie 222 look like this one is tail heavy to. (If i am wrong i dont intent to insult)

or maybe its better to drop a few cells and get a lower voltage.
because a singe warp 9 can handle up to 172 volts and my siamese are placed in series
the soliton 1 can take a battery pack up to 342 volts.
i dont want to cut to much in performance.

thanks for your advise.

matthijs
Foto 17-11-2020 17 30 14.jpg
Foto 15-12-2020 15 13 53.jpg
Foto 17-11-2020 17 15 17.jpg
Foto 22-12-2020 18 37 27.jpg
Foto 15-12-2020 15 45 02.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you got any room left in the front for batteries?
Can you get half in the front and half in the back?
I love the xk8, can't wait to see your progress.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you got any room left in the front for batteries?
Can you get half in the front and half in the back?
I love the xk8, can't wait to see your progress.

thanks for your reply,

i do have room for half a pack (40 cells) in the front but then they will be placed right above the motors.
and i think it can get quit hot there... i also intend to place blowers right on the motors to cool and blow away brushdust from the collectors.
rebirth auto has originally build the motors on top of each other to mount it to the automatic gearbox.
the car has got a direct drive now including a transwarp and a coupler between the warp's that is not that compact.
i also have to fit the power steering and vacuum pump, controller drive and reverse contactors so i will need the space.

·
Registered
105 Posts
thanks for your reply,

i do have room for half a pack (40 cells) in the front but then they will be placed right above the motors.
and i think it can get quit hot there... i also intend to place blowers right on the motors to cool and blow away brushdust from the collectors.
rebirth auto has originally build the motors on top of each other to mount it to the automatic gearbox.
the car has got a direct drive now including a transwarp and a coupler between the warp's that is not that compact.
i also have to fit the power steering and vacuum pump, controller drive and reverse contactors so i will need the space.
I've seen plenty of builds with contained battery boxes above the motor so I wouldn't worry about that. Obviously you have everything else to fit in but I would prioritise the batteries as they are the heaviest and largest item.
Where is the original fuel tank space, could that be used for something?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts