DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone here also into home energy? What are the good dc/ac inverter options out? EVTV has some for sale but they are $15k! Its hard to believe there arent cheaper and better options out yet.

I have a Tesla pack and I am looking to install an inverter so it can power my home.
OH hell no. Steer clear of his stuff unless you happen to be a multimillionaire and can just willy nilly go buy shit for what ever someone wants.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Hello Steve, thanks for your post. I am currently grid tied. From what I have heard, it is illegal to disengage from the grid in my area. I am not sure if its a nationwide thing or just shitty NY. I want to install a switch to go back and forth myself.
If its illegal then fight to make it legal. In the mean time you can have one thing connected to show you use the power and then disconnect everything else. You end up paying a minimum bill to cover paper costs but it keeps you legal. Nothing illegal about having an OFF GRID system that does not connect to the GRID.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.