DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No multiple click-through on this article - direct to source! Found it as a cross-article on another bot find.

Micro-Ultracaps

Something like this would make the idea of busses running only on Ultracaps more practical. If a bus can get 10 miles on a charge, then recharge at each stop ("sipping"), then most communities would become practical for such a bus.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The Nobel prize for physics went this year to the discoverer of Graphene. I also heard they can produce this material now in labs. Looking at the properties of this stuff it could become a serious battery killer.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Nobel prize for physics went this year to the discoverer of Graphene. I also heard they can produce this material now in labs. Looking at the properties of this stuff it could become a serious battery killer.
Hmmm, if they can grow this into a 3-dimensional lattice sufficiently large, it could be used in megacaps exceeding the capacity of batteries.

This is probably a longer term solution, since it is not nearly so simple to fabricate human-scale devices when you have to grow the lattice in special vacuum chambers, etc.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Oh, I don't think this will hit the market soon. But what a game changer this could be. No battery worries. BMS? Ha! Fill it up in seconds. Potentially faster than a petrol car. And all the power you can handle. Hope to live to see that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts