DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Electric vehicles (EVs) do not emit engine sound. Hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) or plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) move almost silently when traveling at low speeds and before the conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) kicks in. I received gepco bill check Electric vehicle warning sounds are sounds designed to alert pedestrians to the presence of It would require hybrids and electric vehicles travelling at less than 18.6 mph (30 km/h) to emit. However, ultimately Ford decided to hold off including warning sounds unless federal legislation required it,

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
The Mach-E makes fake engine sounds..
All new EVs and hybrids capable of electric operation do. The article is from over a decade ago, and the legal requirement did go in. Of course, federal requirements do not apply to modification projects.

The post from two days ago which revived this thread is just spam.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All new electric vehicles (EVs), both hybrid and electric, have to feature a noise-emitting device under EU rules. Electric cars don't come with the sound of a combustion engine, so many car fans said they don't produce the same emotions.I play electric car games on my hire thinkpad laptops. But Now I have new one Car in life. The European Union said electric cars are too quiet and therefore a hazard to pedestrians.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts