DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a 144v 600A motor, hyper 9 144v if you need more information

Now I am use 2× 72v bms(20s×3.7V lithium battery) to get 144v

I dont want to buy 600A bms and I heard that by using contactor/relay I can pass the bms and he still will check the overcharge and discharge of the cells

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I had the money trust me I would use AF125 motor but he is too expensive

·
Registered
165 Posts
so you are making your own battery pack?

Why not use battery modules from a salvaged EV? Cheaper and better. Tesla battery modules are the best around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you are making your own battery pack?

Why not use battery modules from a salvaged EV? Cheaper and better. Tesla battery modules are the best around.
First to learn how to build a battery pack as that size and also I need castum size because is gonna fit in a go kart

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hyper 9 seems to be an AC motor ? In such case the battery pack voltage should be matched to the motor controller, not to the motor. What motor controller are you using with it ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hyper 9 seems to be an AC motor ? In such case the battery pack voltage should be matched to the motor controller, not to the motor. What motor controller are you using with it ?
I know and he is normal to Vdc
This is 144Vdc to the controller
HYPER DRIVE SME ACX144

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But what should I do with the bms?
I prefer lower Amp but this is the best motor that I found, if you know a motor up to 100kw 22N×m I will be happy to hear

·
Registered
100 Posts
But what should I do with the bms?
I prefer lower Amp but this is the best motor that I found, if you know a motor up to 100kw 22N×m I will be happy to hear
You don't need a 600A BMS. You need a BMS that can monitor 40 cells, probably in a distributed fashion, and control the load via the 600A-rated contactor. As an example you can look at Zeva BMS.

Two of these : https://www.zeva.com.au/index.php?product=143
Plus one of these: Zero Emission Vehicles Australia

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You asked about a 600A BMS and/or bypassing the BMS for the load. I gave you an example BMS that will do what you want.

I found the diagram, thx alot, this is looks like a very safety and organize system, the only thing that I dont understand is the bms connectors, I connect the cables to the battery pack ok to the bms?

·
Registered
100 Posts
In that distributed design you have monitoring modules connecting to as many cells as you need, and you have as many of those as necessary to get all cells monitored. I haven't checked their docs, but I assume it would be fine to connect only 20 (21 wires) to the first 24 cell module, and the other 20 to the second. Then the two just use CAN BUS to communicate to the controller which also will actuate the contactor as needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts