DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own two Ford Connect Electric 2012 with suspected BMS/BMU fault. Looking for one or two of these BMS.
Please let me know if you got some...
Mikael

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi i have the same ford with battery problem: half is not working and i can't figure out why. Can you describe the symptoms of faulty BMS. I have only wrench and turtle on dashboard, nothing more and about 30 mils on rangemeter. Is it realy BMS problem?
BR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi MickeW and iura,
I am struggling with my Connect battery from 2012 as well. One half of the battery pack, the VL41Mbatteries are all dead. The other half is still full. Today I tried to connect the battery pack with only the good working half, hoping the BMS would stay dead from the 'dead half. Does anybody has a clue how I could drive with the half of the battery, which would be beter then a 'dead car'?

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi, lunshof, if you can charge the good half off battery and if all connections is good, I think you can drive, but the range will be smaller and it will be dependent on the battery capacity.
I have the same situation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi, lunshof, if you can charge the good half off battery and if all connections is good, I think you can drive, but the range will be smaller and it will be dependent on the battery capacity.
I have the same situation.
Hi Iura,

I hit on the problem that the battery is not charging. Probably the CAN BUS system is missing a input from the 'lost half'. Any Idea how I can manipulate the CAN BUS?

·
Registered
16 Posts
From my bad experience, it is impossible to do something without reading the trouble codes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

No, I have no experience in CAN BUS, also no equipment. I hoped to by-pass the communication :(
It looks like I will need to have to get to under stand the CAN BUS technologie. THis is a project for me, so no big deal.
Do you have a hint how I can start best?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, i don't understand: you have a broken car, and you want to repair it, or you want to know, how CAN BUS working?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts