DIY Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
A fantastic set of wheels Matija!
I have two questions for you -
1) What gear do you start the car in and what gear do you drive it in?
2) Where have you put the 9 Tesla battery packs in the vehicle?

Thanks!
Hello ,
Tnx,
I didn't drive it on electric, It's not finished yet. I will see that, Don't know. Maybe 3-4-5- grear ...
Im planning to put 5 modules front and 4 modules back in bumper. I need to make case.
Thanks again Matija,
Very eager to know how it drives.
Have you considered putting 4 of the tesla modules under the floor? You could use the space left by the petrol tank and the exhaust system.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Have you considered putting 4 of the tesla modules under the floor? You could use the space left by the petrol tank and the exhaust system.
That likely wouldn't work. Like most modern cars, the E39 sedan has a very irregularly-shaped fuel tank; it wraps over the propeller shaft and around the final drive unit. In contrast, the Tesla modules are large and rigid rectangular boxes.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
That likely wouldn't work. Like most modern cars, the E39 sedan has a very irregularly-shaped fuel tank; it wraps over the propeller shaft and around the final drive unit. In contrast, the Tesla modules are large and rigid rectangular boxes.
What a bummer 😒... Or is that Bimmer?..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
As you maybe know that I made mennekes type 2 for charging on charging stations
https://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169193

Now I'm making mennekes FEMALE type 2 , by now goes pretty good, and type 2 male that goes on car for charging . OEM type 2 are expencive and those industrial 3 phasis are not so easy to mount. Need to make holder, this one is shorter, so there is not problem with space and it is wery easy to make control for not to ignite the car when is pluged on cabel, wheather has electricity or not .
I brought 3D printing on a new level . With no cracking on layers so easy as before. So Im able to make female this time :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hello , long time I didn't update this thread
Here are some pics
Arduino works , tnx to Damien :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

sealed with plastic , not painted

Because of this stupit panic because of corona I bought some reserve so I can work with no problem . Now I can't go out of my yard.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts