DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im thinking i might just try to find used battery packs from EVs as opposed to building my own since I feel like its cheaper as long as im not buying super beat cells from the 1980s for 5,000 like im seeing some of these leaf packs going for.
looked at some bolt battery packs but there was the bolt recall for bolts made before 2020 so i dont think ill risk getting one of those although i seen a 60kwh pack for 6,000 and got excited i soon realized why it was for so low and i didnt wanna set my car on fire.
just going down the list of possibilities.
bmw i3?
has anyone done this?. seems like some easy packs to mess with but thinking about the bms and the cooling/heating aspects.
any thoughts on buying a salvaged pack?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am using an i3 pack in my conversion, I've just got the pack out and will be stripping it soon.
The modules are a decent size for conversions (imo) and the i3 BMS is one of the best on the market so they don't generally suffer from bad degredation.
There is a guy on here looking at the i3 BMS and Damien Maguire on YouTube is hacking the CCS charging so there is more and more info out there all the time.
Good luck with your project.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts