I would say the best bang for your buck with something that weight and speed would be a mars 1003 and an alltrax 7245 controller or 7234 (a bit slower)
Batteries are a huge question mark, how tight a budget are you under?
A Mars would be good for you. Please do a little research and find a motor with more or less the same torque (or less than two times) for the tiny engine. Otherwise your tranny would be damaged soon.Hi,
I have an old BMw Isetta (355kg with 11hp).
Can you help me to define the components needed for a 30miles dayride with max. 40 mi/h?
thanks for your help
He said $2,000 - $2,500 for the batteries only.Thats going to be a toughie to get in under 2500 just for the components and battery...
i think for my project it is a must to go with Li Batt.
please help with my big questions (thread #9)
Isetta should take extra load (2 persons) of 160kg (350lbs)Hi,
- budget: max. 4000 USD
- range: min. 35 miles
- speed: min. 45 mi(h
- add. weight: 110kg (motor, batt., contr.)
I have attached also some photos ...
Also one photo I found from conversion.
My big questions:
- do I need the original transmission (is it easier to finish the conversion with transmission)?
- if no transmission needed, what about gearreduction in chain case (now 2,3:1)?
- components: I live in Europe (favor to parts I can buy here)
- motor: Perm PM120l or Lynch (Agni 95s) or...??
- controller ??
- batterie: biggest question: Li Batteries for sure but ??? Voltage, Ah ???
Hi MalcomB,OK, so you changed your original requirements Martin. In that case energy requirements will naturally be higher, somewhere between my estimate and that of Duxuk.