DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

That is a really big boat to E-power.

Your biggest problem will be trying to make headway when a stiff wind is blowing!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm looking for the possible engines maybe a electric engine from toyota Prius will do the job speed is not important only power

·
Registered
325 Posts
That boat is a planning hull boat, not particularly efficient going slow.
It takes a lot of power to go fast in a boat, a battery pack that can sustain that power will last about 5 minutes. So just not a good idea.

If you want an electric boat, a catamaran will be much more efficient going slow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very nice conversion my boot is smaler than this and with only one engine it should work, i will look for more information.
tanks for the link

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go for it!..It all comes down to prop selection.You want to match your prop to your motors most efficient rpm and torque.I have been thinking about this same project for some time too. boat motors do not need expensive controllers like other ev,s.You could control power by different banks of batteries ,say 24-36-48 volts or something else I've been thinking of control the poles on the motor windings,8-4-2 pole=960 rpm-1740-3450 rpm......just some thoughts....keep the motor in it's happy spot and it will be efficient..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts