DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
1,607 Posts
Damien's board replaces the original brain board in the controller.

I'm not sure how well the OEM ECU would appreciate the controller missing the entire motor assembly.

You basically just want a souped up GS450H, like an old style pram performance chip?

·
Administrator
1,607 Posts
There is no pram chip. I'm referring to the 2000s practice of getting performance chip swaps to unleash more engine power from what the ECU previously allowed. I was asking if that's basically what you want performance-wise out of your mod. It appears that you do.

I'm not sure what the best way to accomplish this would be.

You could start unplugging items like the gas pedal and plugging them into Damien's controller instead, but then the original car is missing them and the VCU is blind to what's happening.

There is an open-source VCU project for the GS450H seeing regular development by a couple people on the OpenInverter forums, but it's in a nascent stage right now.

Do you actually have a GS450H already, and find it to not be powerful enough? Or is this just hypothetical? Seems like a lot of effort for minimal gain on a not-that-cool car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.