DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, kind of gave up on ev conversion of my 1957 ford popular but still can't shake it off. Has anyone seen the Borg warner IDM, integrated drive module motor, reduction gearbox and differential. Bosch have something similar but told me it's only for fitting at production stage, basically not for after sales which is a shame as I see this kind of drive ideal. Gets rid of all the old drive train that would break with only twice the engines power of 35hp. An e axle will only be pushing the chassis forward unlike the engine that is in the front driving the rear wheels and trying to twist the chassis. Bosch unit is 50-300kw and Borg Warner 90-160kw. Any thoughts on these units as I refuse to have anything from that twat Elon Musk, I have my reasons.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
We'll be releasing some information on these in the next month with our new catalog. Cascadia Motion will be selling the eDM (which is the iDM without inverter), and our own iDM with the eDM + Cascadia Motion inverter. The motor is a water cooled HVH250-115P with 8.28:1 gear reduction and parking lock actuator.

Here's the eDM:
https://www.borgwarner.com/newsroom...-new-electric-vehicles-from-great-wall-motors

the iDM (BorgWarner version) is intended more for OEM's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We'll be releasing some information on these in the next month with our new catalog. Cascadia Motion will be selling the eDM (which is the iDM without inverter), and our own iDM with the eDM + Cascadia Motion inverter. The motor is a water cooled HVH250-115P with 8.28:1 gear reduction and parking lock actuator.

Here's the eDM:
https://www.borgwarner.com/newsroom...-new-electric-vehicles-from-great-wall-motors

the iDM (BorgWarner version) is intended more for OEM's.
I'm in the uk but please keep me posted on everything.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would be interested to see how this new borg-warner unit compares to the one that swindon powertrain are selling. Its 6400+VAT in the UK

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts