DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Nanjing Pengtu PA3K3W360FX10, 3.3KW electric car charger that I am trying to use with an Orion BMS 2. Both the charger and the BMS have CP and PP lines. I was wondering how these lines would be connected? I assume they can not just be paralleled. Does anyone have experience with this or Nanjing Pengtu chargers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
if its can enable you should let the bms just turn it on with cancontrol. Let orion handle the charge port

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure if this is any help to you, but CP and PP are Command Pilot and Proximity Pilot wires that have to do with the J1772 charging port.They tell the onboard hardware that the cable is connected (proximity) and then I think the car is supposed to send out a signal on the command wire for the wall charger to start delivering power.

I agree with 18650 that if the BMS is set up to handle communicating to an external charging source, then let the BMS control the charger over can, and dont connect the charger to the port.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mike.
Do you have the FCI charge socket? If yes the image shows the cp / pp lines.
Your charge lead when connected to the socket shorts out the pp wire to PE inside the handle so the BMS / charger know the lead is connected and not to Enable drive. CP line is for current demand/request between the wall box and vehicle charger. hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts