DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to connect my brake switch to my Curtis 1239e controller, but it came directly from Curtis and has the Curtis VCL, not HPEVS. Please help...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I have the hpevs manuals and they show how to do this, but the input they use is not enabled in the Curtis vcl. I was thinking I could just put the a relay in and use the contacts between the brake wiper input and the hi or low for the brake pot. I have a brake switch and not a pot...

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Thanks, but I have the hpevs manuals and they show how to do this, but the input they use is not enabled in the Curtis vcl. I was thinking I could just put the a relay in and use the contacts between the brake wiper input and the hi or low for the brake pot. I have a brake switch and not a pot...
That is actually how you'd do it. You have a relay that connects Pot HI with Pot wiper.

What you would have to do, is program the brake input on the Curtis controller using the handheld programmer or the computer programming dongle and the Curtis software.

Do you have either of those?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I have the 1340? software on my laptop that connects to the Curtis controller. I can access all the settings. I am running windows 10. I found a guy in Sweden who charged me £60 for the cable, but was a big help getting it set up so I could access it in OEM mode. So I can access the brake input. I am guessing the is option 2 for regen braking that uses pins 17, 18 and 27. So using a switch is like having a pot that only ever has the values 0 and 100% (on and off). What would happen if I just shot 12v into the brake wiper input when the brake is pressed? That is the easiest wiring. Otherwise I can us the 12v to operate another relay and short the pins with the NO contacts. I am an Automotive Engineer so I do understand this is some depth. Electronics is my speciality, and My degree major was artificial intelligence...

Thanks again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts