DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,
I need some help with a Brusa 511 that has a red error light on. In the error message section of HyperTerminal I see that the CAN Transmit has an error and the CAN Lost has a warning. CAN Receive says OK. What can I do to fix this problem? Honestly I'm not up on CAN as much as I should be, I know the network is running since other devices are connected to it and working.
This is on my boat not a car and I'm using the Orion for my BMS with 48 LiFePo4's. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Administrator
1,450 Posts
Are you able to sniff the can at the ampseal? We use a male connector with wires to a db9 connector we then plug into a kvaser leaf light - that way you know it is ok all the way to the pin. 9 times out of 10 its an ampseal fault.

Are the can wires twisted?

Will the charger operate in standard mode (no can)?

Are the can speeds set correctly?

Any ID conflicts?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mike for the direction to look at. I'm an 1.5 hours away from the boat and will check these things tomorrow when I get down there. I'll let you know what I find out.

Steve

·
Administrator
1,450 Posts
Thanks Mike for the direction to look at. I'm an 1.5 hours away from the boat and will check these things tomorrow when I get down there. I'll let you know what I find out.

Steve
Great,

Other obvious thing is high and low are swapped.

Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike nothing was changed and the system had been working for over a year. I'm hoping it's a loose wire at the Ampseal. Do you have to clear the error code first and is difficult to clear?

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.