DIY Electric Car Forums banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Has anyone dealt with this guy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...70434239353&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

He seems to be selling the package some of you have been referencing in this thread.

S.

I never heard of him before so I really can't say.

These are most certainly chinese motors though. Here's his website:

http://store03.prostores.com/servle...s-DC-Motors-&-Speed-Control-Combos/Categories

I don't suppose there's anyone nearby that could pay him a visit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
He is in Irvine. I am above LAX. That's about 45min away. I asked if I would be able to come down and examine the motor and controller as I would really like to buy the combo.

His response was:
"Thanks for your interest, but no.

-nyturtle2bja"

Which made me VERY suspicious.

The motors and controllers seem to be sourced from the same
China motor manufacturers mentioned in this thread.

I want to thank you guys. Using the links you guys provided I
have since found the contact information so I know the equipment is
not fake. Just mulling over the prospect of having to order
from the source.

S.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I see......good call on your part. Good luck with who ever you end up buying from. Have to be careful no matter where the sellers are.

Welcome to the forum:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any word on how the BLDC motor from China is working with the Kelly controller?

I purchased a Kelly KBL120401H. You can see the specs on it here:
http://www.kellycontroller.com/mot/Brushless-DC-Motor-Controller.html.
I liked the Kelly because it has regen built in and it fit within my budget. In addition, one of my profs (I am a grad student at Purdue) recently built an electric bike. He used a Kelly controller, BLDC motor, and is incorporating regen. He seems pleased with his controller thus far. Of course, his stuff is quite a bit smaller.

·
Registered
210 Posts
For what its worth, I have a BLDC motor and controller from Greatland Electric - I bought it back in 2011. It is an 80kw peak motor and has a matching controller. My pack is 370v. The picture of it on M&C is identical, as are the specs.

So, the good news is that it works - I can drive with it, and it produces the power that I want. The bad news is that there is so much noise in the controller that any output from it is useless.

I'll be saving up some money for a new controller, as the chinese controller can't really handle high voltage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you very much for your reply.
I really interesting in your building because I always order stuff from china and would like to follow you build.

I went to there web site
and there are 2 motors in AC induction motor
http://www.glelec.com/en/product_category.asp?id=2

with a spec DC):320
(Nm):180
(Nm):48
(KW):30
(KW):20
(rpm):3000

and 2 in permanent magnet motor
http://www.glelec.com/en/product_category.asp?id=3
with a spec
Product Name:GLMP60L0
Battery voltage(DC):384
Maximum torque(Nm):600
Rated torque(Nm):186
Maximum Power(KW):90
Rated Power(KW):45
Maximum speed(rpm):2300

which one the you bought may I ask?

Is it possible for you to provide a specification of that brush-less motor you bought compare to the KOSTOV 11"

K11" 192V 2200 USD 192V 250A 73Nm 40.4kW

thank you very much sir ^^

·
Registered
210 Posts
The model of motor is the GLMP25L1 (from Great Lands Motor).

I found the user manual and it has the following specs:
Rated power: 40kW
Peak power: 80 kW
Peak torque: 250N.m
Rated speed: 0 to 5000rpm
Weight: 88kg

The controller is the GLCP7024L11.
Max power: 100kVA
Rated voltage: 288V
Max voltage: 400V
Rated current: 105A
Max current: 330A
Weight: 11kg

The images you posted are a different model from what I saw on the website, so it is quite possible I was mistaken. In any case, the motor works fine - it is software limited to 4000RPM. The controller does to regen, but only if the pack voltage is 345V or less. I suspect that due to the high voltage of my pack, the controller is not able to do noise control properly.

Hmm, it appears that the model I have has been replaced by the GLMP25L5.
Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
210 Posts
Had to dig through my receipts. The total was $6500 including shipping, paid March 15, 2011. I bought it through a 3rd party in the hopes I would get good local service (however, I bought it through CurrentEVTech.com, so that should tell you the rest of the story - at least I got the hardware). I seem to recall I paid another $600 at the customs office, but I can't find that receipt.

Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you very much :D
look at the price combine with my understanding about electric equipment
I may have to go back to my first plan
the Kostov 10" 1750 USD + Zilla1Khv 2595 USD
which I guess I can come here to ask for an advice.

Anyway I v already sent those Chinese companies some email.
I will put more information about their 2014 bldc motor here
in case that someone may interest.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Best of luck! The Zilla is a great controller, and the Kostov motors have a good reputation.

My reason for going with BLDC - cooling. I live in San Diego which gets quite hot in summer. I need liquid cooling to keep the motor and controller from overheating. I imagine that there is a similar problem in Thailand, but perhaps not as bad.

Definitely invest in a blower fan for the Kostov and make sure that the controller does not overheat as well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Best of luck! The Zilla is a great controller, and the Kostov motors have a good reputation.

My reason for going with BLDC - cooling. I live in San Diego which gets quite hot in summer. I need liquid cooling to keep the motor and controller from overheating. I imagine that there is a similar problem in Thailand, but perhaps not as bad.

Definitely invest in a blower fan for the Kostov and make sure that the controller does not overheat as well.

Cheers!
Oh! thank you for that input. I also may have to arrange my own heat sink+water cooling around the equipment under the hood.
I wish you can find a better controller soon haha who know I may walk the same route as you the BLDC is for sure the future of hobbiest EV owner.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Zilla is a fine piece of equipment, almost as good as the Soliton. ;)

If you search the various EV Vendors, you will find lots of cooling options for the Zilla and the Kostov. If you get stuck, ask here.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Cheers!
The Zilla is a fine piece of equipment, almost as good as the Soliton. ;)

If you search the various EV Vendors, you will find lots of cooling options for the Zilla and the Kostov. If you get stuck, ask here.
Actually I really need some advice from you

I am following PLASMA-BOY WHITE ZOMBIE late 1999 build

he used
11 inch Kostov
28x12 volt Hawker Genesis 16ahr @ 336V nominal,
Godzilla 1200 amp programable controller

I will use
11 inch Kostov
90x3.2 A123 288V 20Ah (20C continuous rate)
Godzilla 1000 amp programable controller

Do you think I am ok with that
should increase the battery in to 40Ah?

thank you ^^

·
Registered
210 Posts
Actually I really need some advice from you

I am following PLASMA-BOY WHITE ZOMBIE late 1999 build

he used
11 inch Kostov
28x12 volt Hawker Genesis 16ahr @ 336V nominal,
Godzilla 1200 amp programable controller

I will use
11 inch Kostov
90x3.2 A123 288V 20Ah (20C continuous rate)
Godzilla 1000 amp programable controller

Do you think I am ok with that
should increase the battery in to 40Ah?

thank you ^^
20Ah with 20C will give you 400A. That may not be adequate. If you go for 40Ah, that will give you 800A. 800A should be fine for this setup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
20Ah with 20C will give you 400A. That may not be adequate. If you go for 40Ah, that will give you 800A. 800A should be fine for this setup.
Thank you very much
After talk to the battery company
I will go with 100pack 50S2P 160V 40AH A123
and will use Kostov K10 144V.

I really don't understand how Zilla Controller works but from what I v been reading. It can limit the Voltage and transfer it in to current which some how even reach 1000amp at the low rpm.
Need to spend more time here I guess.

Ps The Chinese company just replied me and asked me to pinpoint the rpm voltage I want.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok they sent me the quotation

The FOB price of 320VDC/ 25KW/ 4500rpm BLDC motor + controller is $4000.
Main specifications
Rated power (kW)
25kW
Rated speed (rpm)
4500rpm
Price
$4000 (including the controller)
Rated torque (Nm):
53Nm
Rated voltage (V):
320Vdc
Rated current (A):