DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for Lithium battery pack designs, Lead acid batteries are a bit big and kill the cafe racer look. I couldnt find any decent ones on evablum or google images. If you have any examples or ideas i would like to know.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Im looking for Lithium battery pack designs, Lead acid batteries are a bit big and kill the cafe racer look. I couldnt find any decent ones on evablum or google images. If you have any examples or ideas i would like to know.
What range and performance do you require? What's your budget for the battery pack? Please also add your location to your profile so that we can give relevant advice :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would like 30-40 miles range 50 ish top speed. $1500 budget for batteries. I live in america

·
Registered
141 Posts
Would like 30-40 miles range 50 ish top speed. $1500 budget for batteries. I live in america

My electric R6 which had a front fairing, but no lower fairing would get 45miles highway (65mph) and 60+ miles in the city (45mph) on a 5.1kWh pack. That’s a 28s (103V) 50Ah pack. Bike weighed 370lbs +200lbs for rider and gear. Sevcon controller and Zero ZF75-7 motor.

I would look at Nissan Leaf modules (check eBay) as they look pretty good on a cafe style build. Check out Elmoto.net as well. You should be able to do your range and speed with ~4kWh which should be able to be built for <$1000.

Also consider the CMax Energi Hybrid battery packs. They have 25Ah cells in them. Some of those are available for $25 a piece and just have some volt terminals on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts