DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The motor plate says Eaton type R motor, part number 7205320-00, SN 14821. Googling it it comes up as a Yale motor & almost no info, it's one of the forklifts you stand on the back. I don't need a big motor & can get this one for almost nothing, currently have a little 5kw motor at 120v & need a little more power to climb hills.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
The motor plate says Eaton type R motor, part number 7205320-00, SN 14821. Googling it it comes up as a Yale motor & almost no info, it's one of the forklifts you stand on the back. I don't need a big motor & can get this one for almost nothing, currently have a little 5kw motor at 120v & need a little more power to climb hills.
Part numbers mean nothing to most of us. Post some pictures and dimensions. Include terminals, brushes/comm & shaft.

major

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some pics of the motor & info plates.

The motor is 10.5 inches long, 7.5 inches diameter.

It's 1.48 inches from the outside case to the armature, armature diameter looks like 4.5 inches

Would it handle 120v & how many HP possible?

Vehicle Machine Gas Pump

Gas Pipe Pump Cylinder

Auto part Machine

Auto part

Yellow Nameplate Font Vehicle

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Looks like a good motor to me. Eaton made sturdy motors back then. You may need an advance for higher V. Don't know what shaft looks like but it should at least have an external extension for you to work on.

major

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any guesstimate on possible hp at 120v? My car it about 1800lbs with a 5kw motor at 120v, almost enough power to climb local hills, just need a little more power to keep up with traffic. I only have 12" of space for the length of the motor & I can get this one for 30 cents a pound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.