DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please can anyone help me to set up my device for controlling the Elcon TC charger -

I have all of the information I need and I have a great USB CAN device with good easy to use software but I am useless when it comes to grasping how to wright the simple code to set it up

I only want and need to get the charger to go - and set max voltage and amps

I dont mind to pay for a result if that is required -

this is the link to the Charger command requirements

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmbWDB9AS-tJhb0vqhxQ9NrgCa7Rvw

I also bought an Arduino uno and a can bus shield but I could not even get the windows 10 drivers to see into it - I suppose there is a way but if you are like me and not in the know its impossible....

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Can you post up a picture of your setup--the arduino UNO with the CAN shield, the power supply and wiring for the connection to the charger, etc. Also do you have a wiring diagram or schematic of how everything will be connected?

i would recommend that you load and run some of the basic example sketches with the UNO in order to learn a bit about how to communicate with it, then when it feels more comfortable you can add all the CAN stuff that you wish to do.

The basic task will be to write a string of characters thru pins on the UNO send out thru the CAN board to the charger.

You don't have to be an expert to run sketches, but you have to start with the easy stuff and work your way up. Fortunately there is a ton of information on their website and others on learning this stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts