DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a Nissan Leaf Electric Car in Hillsboro OR last weekend at the “Drive Electric tour” and I made a 30 second video, and so did some other people at this event. The person who gets the most votes for their video, amongst all the Nissan Leaf events, will WIN a Nissan Leaf next April..after all the events have taken place. Please help me win!! I only have 1 month to get votes, then my time is over.
Nissan is basically trying to get consumers to employ “viral marketing” to get themselves more votes. It seems to be a smart idea because it brings a lot of free advertising for the Leaf.

All you have to do is enter your email address, and then hit the "submit vote" button. Then, you will get a confirmation email that you click on, and then the vote is counted! I would appreciate it so much
This is the link to the video:
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=248ZRV8WHPN9

You don't have to watch the video, just vote ;). Basically, I currently drive a
Honda Civic with 215K on it. I would love to have a Leaf but I don't have the
money. I am earning a Bachelors in EE + CpE Engineering right now and this car would be great to have as my primary car.

Please please forward this to YOUR FRIENDS(but not thru this forum, then I’d get in trouble)! If I get a Leaf, feel free to contact me and you can probably take mine for a spin... if I win it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The test drive was awesome. My Nissan rep. forgot to tell me to turn a corner, so we went for an extended test drive ;)

We didn't go on the highway, so could only test up to 45MPH.
It is a very responsive car, didn't test the stiffness of the suspension too much because the test drive was rather short, but it definitely isn't like a boat.

The low-speed acceleration is very impressive, but it isn't supposed to be as impressive at higher speeds but I wasn't able to test that.

As for the 'Eco' tires, not bad. They corner well enough but if I get one, I'd get some good performance tires most likely.

It seems like a nice car and it would be become a great project for me to improve upon .. like adding cameras in the blindspots, customized alarm system, train horns (under the hood so no additional air drag), gain 'root' access to the computer, ecetera!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I voted for you and I sincerely hope you win! We need your kind of engineering to promote this vehicle and to improve it.
Am I the first 1 to vote for him!!?

G

·
0 Posts
Actually we just need to promote electric vehicles. Taking an already build NEW electric vehicle and hacking it won't be good for promoting but by all means do some nice realistic engineering for DIY Electric cars for promoting. Don't promote junk. Don't promote junk ideas. The car is great. I plan on taking my Leaf and promoting and getting others excited about electric in hopes to prove there are alternatives to GAS. Actually anyone working to promote these deserves to win.

Pete :)

I loved my drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE6cmX0smgc

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=dp9r8v9grbet

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for voting for me (and Gottdi). I don't know about Gottdi's video, but I only have until around 12/9/2010 to get votes, then I can't anymore. Anybody who has a video put up has 1 month in total to get votes.

Thanks again, and anybody that wants a test drive of the leaf, I live near Portland Oregon..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts