DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
You mean like a Tesla motor with an aftermarket control system? On the T-2C one there is 2 canbus networks on the controller. One is between the motor and controller, the other is for the rest of the car, bms, charger, etc. If your screen is connected to the 2nd canbus network, you'd have to make sure the controller is forwarding signals from the motor, or generating its own. What controller have you got?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats exactly what I have. Model s drive with T2c controller. I bought the aem cd7 thinking it would be fairly self explanatory however it’s pretty much blank. Sounds like I need the files for the Tesla “dbc “ that’s proving to be hard to get. The controller manufacturer won’t give it to me saying just use the iPad…and the company that sold me the display has them but hasn’t been very forthcoming. I’m not afraid to put in the work but doesn’t sound like I can do anything without the files.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you get the T2c from EV controls? I was planning to go to Ottawa to get one, and to make sure that I have everything that I needed to make it work. ( Probably after the trucker demonstrations!). How good are the instructions? I plan to use the iPad mini display. Thanks, I am new to this

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts