DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm fairly new to the forum. It's the first time I have posted. I'm just wondering what besides the weight would make it a bad idea, to use a cast iron electric motor? I was thinking of using the two I have for a ev motorcycle. Or just selling them if it's not a good option. The motors came from two air compressors that where in a car dealership. They powered the entire shop. Motors are 7.5 hp, 25.2 Amps, 200 volts, 1750 rpm, 3 phase ac motors. Any suggestions you guys could give me would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm fairly new to the forum. It's the first time I have posted. I'm just wondering what besides the weight would make it a bad idea, to use a cast iron electric motor? I was thinking of using the two I have for a ev motorcycle. Or just selling them if it's not a good option. The motors came from two air compressors that where in a car dealership. They powered the entire shop. Motors are 7.5 hp, 25.2 Amps, 200 volts, 1750 rpm, 3 phase dc motors. Any suggestions you guys could give me would be great.

Those are 3phase AC motors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts