DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a cbr600f4 and have been thinking of converting it to electric after I'm done my fiero build.

What do you guys think about using a ME1507 BLDC motor or a AC20 ?

I've been looking at the ME1003 and the Agni 95R but I want more power and speed, I want it to be close to the stock ice motor.

What other motor options do I have for a sportbike capable of atleast 160 kmph.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Close to stock? Remy HVH250, Yasa, Emrax, etc...You're looking at an expensive build.

Neither of those listed is going to be near capable of what you're after, except on a very, very short duty.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Those are exactly the size of motors I've been looking for.
The ME1507 and AC20 are not really in the same class as those I listed, though I guess it could be argued the three I listed don't compete against each other, either. The Emrax motors have fantastic peak specific power, though they are not as refined or built as well as an HVH or Yasa. The Yasa has fantastic specific torque and is known to be a very high quality, highly refined motor, but doesn't have the specific power of the Emrax motors. The HVH250 series is just a good generic motor package that's used all over the place because it is high quality, well refined, and has okay specific power and torque. I think any one of them has a configuration that could fit well in a high-power motorcycle application.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts