DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 18 Posts

· Registered
426 Posts
I didn’t read every post in this thread but some of the information I read seemed incorrect. Perhaps I misunderstood.

These chargers do limit the current as the battery fills. The software limits the current to 0.2C in stage three cv stage and then in stage four it drops to 0.02C until the end point voltage is reached.

· Registered
426 Posts
It is an Elcon. I have the new Elcon UHF IP67 Sealed CAN Bus Charger, 6.6kW but like I said, it requires a CAN message containing voltage and current @ 1Hz to stay on.
I have never worked on one of the new ones but the old ones had a can bus option and worked the same way. Once it reaches MAX voltage it ramps the current down to maintain that voltage until you reach cutoff current.

The supply has to reduce current in order to maintain the voltage at the level you want. Nothing naturally drops off. If your don't lower current then voltage will rise. I found all these explanations confusing in this thread.

1 - 3 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.