DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking for the CHAdeMO or SAE control (handshake) specifications as we are building our own 50kw low cost DC charger. Is it a closed specification? If so where is the best place to access this or can we just purchase the control boards?

If anyone has any ideas that would be great, also I know Tesla has released a lot for their patents but has the handshake for the supercharger been released?

Thanks.:)

Leigh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ever so very interested in this! I know the OP was from 2017, but does anyone have any leads on such a project reaching completion? I've seen a lot online of starting this.

I have a 400A 3 phase power source at a warehouse I can use. Just can't afford the $35k for a unit. I'm near the NYS thruway and Rt 81 in Syracuse, great spot for a L3 as we have none in the area.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have a 400A 3 phase power source at a warehouse I can use. Just can't afford the $35k for a unit. I'm near the NYS thruway and Rt 81 in Syracuse, great spot for a L3 as we have none in the area.
If you intend to give the public access to this charger then you'll need to get the device listed which will cost a lot more then $35k.

If this is for your own use then build a stack of Tesla chargers and use the open source controller (see here)... hopefully later in the year we will get our stack working :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd love to make a publicly accessible station- but I'm pursuing some possible options on that front. If those don't pan out, I could still find a lot of benefit for me personally to be able to have a L3 there. My brother has a Leaf and does a lot of delivery driving around town, my mother has an i3 (though I know CCS is hard to figure out). Thanks for the link!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.