DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im from Norway, sorry for the spelling.
I have bougth a Elcon Charger that should be possible to change the output voltage acording to this information from Elcon. But when I powered the charger (AC) this is not what happen. On my charger the LED flashes red/green/red/green/red/green very fast and then beegan too flash green. If i releese the button after 8 green flash, the LED continue too flash in the same interval. And I am not shure that I have the changed too Selection 8
Has anyone did this with a Elcon charger?

This is how too from Elcon

How do I change the selection on my charger?
When the charger is powered up, the red LED blinks from 1 to 10 times to show the current selection. To change this selection, peel off the left edge of the Model Number label (nearest the end of the charger) and look through the small oval hole underneath. There should be a black plastic button near the surface, or a metal button further down below. For the metal button you will need to use a wooden or plastic stick to hold it down. Hold down the selection button while powering up the charger. The green LED will start blinking slowly. Count the number of blinks (1 to 10) that you need and release the selection button. The red LED will blink the same number of times to confirm your selection and then start charging.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
They don't tell you how trying it is to change the selection. Takes me a good long time to get it right, I plan on about at least an hour.

Made a special stick for the other hole, I unbolt it and place it on my work bench, get a big cup of coffee............:(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I am not sure I understand what you meen. Is there another way of doing this then the one described in the manual?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
No I follow instructions but it is a difficult annoying process. In the elcon parameter thread they show how to change using the serial port, but that is harder still.

·
Registered
374 Posts
On my charger the LED flashes red/green/red/green/red/green very fast and then beegan too flash green. If i releese the button after 8 green flash, the LED continue too flash in the same interval. And I am not shure that I have the changed too Selection 8
Has anyone did this with a Elcon charger?

This is how too from Elcon
Looks like it's giving you error #5 external thermal sensor error. Most chargers do not use the thermal sensor. This pin is used to enable the charger. What do you have plugged into the small round DIN connector on the front of the charger? (7-pins)

Alarms

LED Flashing Sequence
Indication
R G _ _ _ _ _ _
Wrong Battery
R G R_ _ _ _ _
Overcharged
R G R G_ _ _ _
Battery Overheated
R G R G R _ _ _
Incorrect AC Input Voltage
R G R G R G _ _
External Thermal Sensor Fault
R G R G R G R _
Communication Interface Fault
G R _ _ _ _ _ _
Charger Overheated
G R G _ _ _ _ _
Charger Relay Fault Repair
G R G R _ _ _ _
Charger Fault; Repair
Note:
1. R—red G—green
2. “_” denotes one second stop
3. Above LED flashing sequence is one cycle, the LED will flash repeatedly when in fault.
Installation & Safety Instructions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts