DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the LG Chem batteries link and am planning on a 6s3p system, how do I determine the charge to and cut off voltages for this setup for my battery charger?

Thanks for your help all!

Kent

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
These appear to be the modules from the Chrysler Pacifica plug-in hybrid. They seem to be highly available from various questionable online sources, which I find strange. Anyway, any of the previous discussions in this forum might be helpful for charging information, and other information that you'll probably want if you use these...
Batteries used by EVWest: where from ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian... I know EV West is using these batteries it was their video on their BMW that turned me on to them, in fact I'm purchasing the charger and BMS from them and they are asking me for this information which I find strange since they already have intimate knowledge of these batteries and I have given them my battery setup...?

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
I don't think that selling a salvaged or surplus product - or even putting some of them in a customer's vehicle - necessarily means that the seller knows anything about it.

... how do I determine the charge to and cut off voltages for this setup for my battery charger?
As the linked discussion explains, these will presumably need the same voltage per cell as other NMC cells from LG, such as the often-discussed Chevrolet Volt cells.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts