DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the ZEVA BMS Manual, they are requiring a relay for the ac plug to inform the unit that there is an incoming signal which in turn starts the cgharging and monitoring of the battery. Any ideas for a 120V ac input for a 12V dc output relay for this charging signal? Attached is the ZEVA BMS Manual photo I am refering to and I found this relay and not sure if this would work. https://www.azettler.com/pdfs/azev116.pdf

Description of the 'Charge Enable'

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
According to the ZEVA BMS Manual, they are requiring a relay for the ac plug to inform the unit that there is an incoming signal which in turn starts the cgharging and monitoring of the battery. Any ideas for a 120V ac input for a 12V dc output relay for this charging signal?
No, as I explained in your other thread, the relay uses an output from the EVMS ("charge enable"); it is not an input.

There is no need for a 120VAC input or 12 VDC output; you simply need a 12 VDC-controlled relay to turn on the 120 VAC power to the charger. The one suggested by hallkbrdz looks suitable, since he correctly read and understood the manual sections provided; you have the functionality backwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts