DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question (I hope). I want to have an electric bike that charges the batteries when coasting. My trip is mostly down hill runs (miles) with a short uphill climb. I want to be able to charge my batteries as I coast. I'm still working on the motor, batteries and controller so anything can be changed at this point in time.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Quick question (I hope). I want to have an electric bike that charges the batteries when coasting. My trip is mostly down hill runs (miles) with a short uphill climb. I want to be able to charge my batteries as I coast. I'm still working on the motor, batteries and controller so anything can be changed at this point in time.
I am wondering how you get back up to where you started? You cannot keep going miles downhill and have only a short uphill climb.

Francis

·
Registered
601 Posts
Same point! Maybe it's a 45 degree hill? One statement in wiki that got me interested in regen was that any return journey is half uphill, half downhill:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The terrain is a long loop that is a gentle slope with a few fairly steep hills at the end (returning you to the starting point).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts