DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to gauge interest in some modules from a Chevy Bolt.

I should have 40kw of the pack available within a month or so. (I will only be using about 20kw of the 60 kw pack)

I live in California near Stockton. But I end up driving Bakersfield, Sacramento, and Oakland about monthly and could deliver or meet anywhere in between.

I'm not sure how the shipping restrictions work. But, I can box them up for shipment if you're not local.

I don't know what the cost will be, just gauging interest.

Any interest?

·
Registered
966 Posts
I would check batteryhookup for the retail price of unused but sitting around and used modules I seem to remember them selling 10kwhr sections of the OEM New Bolt batteries a few months ago

·
Registered
295 Posts
You can't just willy nilly ship Lithium cells/batteries. Better check on that one before you "box them up"..you, as sender, will likely be held responsible and even the 737MAX is not cheap these days when you're forced to buy one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, wonder what I could do with a melted down FedEx plane? Just kidding

There are lots of shipping restrictions including stickers all over that say somethinike "ground only, not air freight" for example. Just not sure what else is involved. I need to do more research on that.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I've bought a couple complete batteries from junkyards. They were shipped to me on R and L carriers trucks. It was usually just the entire battery strapped to a pallet. Sometimes they were wrapped in plastic and others in cardboard.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Let me know if these are still available. I'm fairly local to the Stockton area, and I can pick them up. The modules come in 10s (5.94 kWh) and 8s (4.75 kW) configurations, so let me know which ones are available. Thank you!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I would check batteryhookup for the retail price of unused but sitting around and used modules I seem to remember them selling 10kwhr sections of the OEM New Bolt batteries a few months ago
As Ladogaboy explains in his post, there are no 10 kWh sections of the Bolt battery, so either it's a different battery or you're recalling the 10S modules from it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
As Ladogaboy explains in his post, there are no 10 kWh sections of the Bolt battery, so either it's a different battery or you're recalling the 10S modules from it.
You can have double module sections, but they would still be either 5.94 kWh (10s) or 4.75 kWh (8s) modules linked together. I believe that Battery Hookup only sold the 10s modules.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You can have double module sections, but they would still be either 5.94 kWh (10s) or 4.75 kWh (8s) modules linked together. I believe that Battery Hookup only sold the 10s modules.
Originally they sold 18s which were a 10s+8s hooked together

They were selling them for 6-8 months in various configurations, I should have taken the plunge

·
Registered
66 Posts
Originally they sold 18s which were a 10s+8s hooked together

They were selling them for 6-8 months in various configurations, I should have taken the plunge
Yes, that would have been worth jumping on. The 10s are great, but you really need the 8s to configure a bigger battery in X*12s (BMS friendly) configurations.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the interest everyone. Good to see some in California so the batteries can be driven around and avoid shipping.

My project was pushed back somewhat, an emergency bathroom remodel has used up some budget for this. I still plan to buy the pack, I'm just set back a month or 3

Now, I need to figure out how to get the forum to email me when someone posts to this thread or sends a PM.

I plan to use either one 8s and 2*10s modules. Or 2*8s modules and 3*10s modules. That would leave 5-6- 10s modules and maybe 1- 8s module.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the interest everyone. Good to see some in California so the batteries can be driven around and avoid shipping.

My project was pushed back somewhat, an emergency bathroom remodel has used up some budget for this. I still plan to buy the pack, I'm just set back a month or 3

Now, I need to figure out how to get the forum to email me when someone posts to this thread or sends a PM.

I plan to use either one 8s and 2*10s modules. Or 2*8s modules and 3*10s modules. That would leave 5-6- 10s modules and maybe 1- 8s module.
Have you picked up a Bolt pack yet? I may be interested in 6 8s modules (or whatever other combination of modules to get me around 44-48s).
I'm located in San Marcos, but I could likely meet you in Bakersfield or something if we can work out a deal. I'll shoot you a PM as well...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts