DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
The article fails to mention that there are two very different situations in Canada, depending on the province:
  • in provinces which subsidize EV purchases (only B.C., Ontario, and Quebec), demand exceeds GM's willingness to lose money on Bolts, so supply is short of demand, but
  • in all other seven provinces and three territories, dealers have typically never seen a Bolt (and sales staff will typically respond to a request to see a Bolt with "did you say that you want to see a Volt?") and almost no one wants them (at least at the current price), so both supply and demand are essentially zero.

I've never seen a Bolt in Alberta, and wouldn't be surprised if I don't see one this year; however, I visited Ontario at Christmas and saw my first Bolt about three minutes after driving out of the airport.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I know of 3 in Toronto and that is only what I've seen. There must be more.
Yes, there are a couple thousand of them in Canada and counting; a substantial fraction will be in Toronto.

This comment:
I didn't know there were two in Canada.
... was a presumably a reference to my comment about two different situations regarding Bolt supply and demand, not intended to suggest that there were only two Bolts in the country.

There may be only two (or fewer) Bolts in each of the non-subsidizing provinces and territories. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts