DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Children Electric Vehicle

7181 7
Hi, new to forum...

I am looking for some advice, I always wanted a battery car when growing up so I recently bought myself a eGolf :p

Anyway I have 3 kids, eldest is 4 and I was looking to get them electric vehicle. This might sound simple but I want them to use it outside and I have 1 acre but it is all grass. We don't really have concrete or anything else. So I need something with a bit of power to make sure it goes over it. The grass is cut at least once a week so it is not long or anything.

I have spent weeks and I seem to be going around in circle. The only thing I think I have found which will go over grass is the John Deere Gator HPX 12 v with 2 x 175watt engines.

Everything else I look at seems to have 35w engines and my brother has a Feber 12v jeep and it is shocking slow and wont really travel over anything apart fro grass.

Just looking for advice on what I should be looking for? thanks
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
879 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, new to forum...

I am looking for some advice, I always wanted a battery car when growing up so I recently bought myself a eGolf :p

Anyway I have 3 kids, eldest is 4 and I was looking to get them electric vehicle. This might sound simple but I want them to use it outside and I have 1 acre but it is all grass. We don't really have concrete or anything else. So I need something with a bit of power to make sure it goes over it. The grass is cut at least once a week so it is not long or anything.

I have spent weeks and I seem to be going around in circle. The only thing I think I have found which will go over grass is the John Deere Gator HPX 12 v with 2 x 175watt engines.

Everything else I look at seems to have 35w engines and my brother has a Feber 12v jeep and it is shocking slow and wont really travel over anything apart fro grass.

I think you should go with 24v ride on cars. These are more powerful than 12v also have amazing battery life. I bought it for my daughter on her 4th birthday and she really likes it. She drives it daily on our green space. I bought it from kidzauto. If you also want something like this then just visit their website.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi, new to forum...

EBL AA 1.2V battery
Hi folks,
what are THE best AA rechargeable batteries out there for my flash guns that you have personally used and ended up really pleased with?
The last time I purchased a bunch of them was man like close to four years ago and I did NOT like the way they performed, the EBL 2,800 mAh. I'm not buying those again. Will the Amazon Basics be better or just as good (based on price) or have you found something much better recently?
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts